Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Steam Tools

beporterbeporter Posts: 123
edited January 2008 in General
So in the past two years wince I've really used it, Steam has matured quite a bit as a platform. Since I've been digging into HL2: Episode 2 lately, I've been exploring what Steam has to offer, and I've set up a couple things in some (totally premature) anticipation of a (possible) new CSR game server. Here's some links:

CSR Steam User Group. Good for scheduling game times, and keep everyone in touch with each other. If you join the group (and/or add everyone to your Friends list) you'll now be notified in-game when others are on Steam and playing a game.

Wumpa Porter's Profile Page. Contains my SteamID so you can add me to your Friends list. Also highlights how pitifully long it's taking me to get through Ep2. :-P

Comments

• terrajiterraji Posts: 69
    A couple months ago I picked up Orange Box on Steam. With the Canadian dollar doing so well, it was a good couple bucks cheaper than picking up a 'hard' copy. I tore through Episode 1, 2 and Portal. Episode 2 was pretty sweet, but it chugged down with my video card (6800 AGP) especially at the end.

Does this mean the core of the CSR community is now equipped for CS:Source?

I am thinking upgrading my Mac Pro's card to the new 8800 (after they sort out the compatibility issues of course) which should do me quite well for PC gaming in the future.
  • beporterbeporter Posts: 123
    I can only speak for PK (no), Yuna(no), Yurei (yes), and me (yes). I would expect a 50/50 split among the other couple people who still check here.
    That said, if suddenly there appeared a CS:Source server for CSR, I would expect a certain level of enthusiastic uptake by the non-source-equipped constituency.
  • YureiYurei Posts: 14
    I have source running on mine, but for some odd reason it runs really smooth for a few minutes, then gets really bad chopping for a good 30 seconds to a minute, on and off. I cant figure it out.

It would be really nice to play against people, im tired of the bots (otoh, i feel uber leet when I do play them).
  • In my defense, I have no idea what I have to do to get my system "source" ready Mr. Porter. I assume that if it needs to be done you'll take care of it though.
    indeed I will. In fact, the graphics card we had to put in for GW was probably the only missing piece. I suppose you and I could both use some ram though, but that's going to cost $130 or more depending on how many slots you're using in yours already.

I need to replace my two existing 512 chips with 2 1gb chips. If you have open slots I can just move the 512s to yours, otherwise we have to get 1 or 2 1gb chips for yours too. The upshot is that whatever ram won't fit in our PCs at the end of the day can go in our G4s.