Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

My favorite game of all time

SGSG Posts: 76
edited August 2008 in General
I have no idea if anyone has been following this at all, but AGD Interactive has just released a remake of my favorite game, Quest For Glory II. I loved all of the Quest games, King's, Space, Glory, Leisure Suit Larry, and Police. (I've even recently played the critically panned "Codename Iceman" courtesy of abandonia and dosbox.) They've also remade a few of the King's Quest games, but they're apparently recompiling them and download links will be restored eventually.

Anyone else share my nostalgia or reminisce fondly of other games?

Comments

• beporterbeporter Posts: 123
    I always forgot to do a safety check on my squad car when I played PQ1.

I didn't have a computer back in those days so my only exposure I had to most of the "classics" was from a friend of mine named Andrew who lived down the street and had a 386. Good times though.

And then of course as everyone already knows, I'm a huge XCOM fan too. Matter of fact, I'm still playing a game I started something like 5 years ago just to see how much I can dominate the aliens.

PK and I really started playing games on the NES, so most of our nostalgic favorites come from that system. I LOVE super dodgeball.
  • SGSG Posts: 76
    Don't know if you've seen this for XCOM, but it sounds like it be up your alley. up your alley

My older brother had a genesis and my dad always had a computer for "work" that we played more gold rush on than he did actual work.
  • My gaming started on the NES too. My all time favorite, just because it was the first one I beat, was Ducktales....I'm a lame-ass I know.
  • That UFO2000 mod is totally awesome by the way. I think Yu^rei and I tried it once and I totally enihilated him. At the time (it was years ago) it still needed a lot of work though. It looks like it's got more polish now.
  • GroundedGrounded Posts: 32
    edited September 2008
    Posted By: beporter - "enihilated"

Classy ;)

I recently played Day of the Tentacle through again. 'tis awestriking. Makes me want to check out those new Sam & Max mini-adventure things on Steam.
    Post edited by Grounded on
  • SGSG Posts: 76
    Haha good catch grounded. I got a smile out of that one.

I really enjoyed Day of the Tentacle, though I think the Indiana Jones point and click is my favorite. (SCUMM is the best piece of software ever written.) The new sam and max is suppose to be almost as cool as the original. I hope to pick it up for the Wii whenever it is released.