Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Synergy Coop Server

beporterbeporter Posts: 123
edited November 2008 in General
So I know at least PK and Yurei will be excited by this: I spent about 6 hours yesterday after we all stopped playing CS configuring a dedicated Synergy server on Louieville. You need to own HL2, Ep.1, and Ep.2 (Orange Box essentially), but if you do you can download Synergy through Steam (for free) now and play through the entire HL2 storyline.... IN CO-OP MODE. This is a really fun way to experience these games so I'm hoping I can generate some interest so we can get 4 people together to play every once in a while.

The only thing is, for some reason, I couldn't connect to the server after I got it set up, so there's still at least one kink to work out.

Oh and also, the game server uses the same port as the CS server does, so I can't run both simultaneously right now. I'd have to get our host to open eve MORE hole in his firewall to keep both running full time so for the time being the synergy server is on an "as requested" basis. Also keep in mind that if you can't connect to CSR/CS, it may be because we're running Synergy.

Comments

• SGSG Posts: 76
    Sounds interesting. I don't know when I'll have free time again though.
  • Late to the party I know, but I've just finished reformatting this comp from the ground up and next on the install agenda is HL2 et al. I'm definitely up for trying to get some co-op in, although whether having a horrendous ping will affect play too much I don't know... ;)
  • beporterbeporter Posts: 123
    Just a quick update: I'm still waiting for all the necessary ports to be opened (they are different for a srcds server vs. an hlds server.)