Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

THIS is a movie trailer

YureiYurei Posts: 14
edited July 2007 in General
http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/large.html

I was wondering towards the end how many movies now are going to feature 9/11-esqe footage of panic in the streets or at least thats what we will always think whenever anything happens like that.

Comments

• beporterbeporter Posts: 123
  • terrajiterraji Posts: 69
    It was cool, but the effects felt a little fake with the faux-handheld action shots. It was just a little too deliberate in that part, but I think I can trust J.J. Abrams to make a good flick.

It kind of messed me up at the beginning because my friend Rob is going to Japan soon.
  • SGSG Posts: 76
    Godzilla?

It did seem a little fake (especially with the statue of liberty head), but for me, all movie previews seem to lose their "suspension of disbelief" when shown outside of a movie theater. I guess the silver screen still captivates me in ways that other forms of media just can't. Still, it holds some promise.
  • terrajiterraji Posts: 69
    On today's episode of the totally rad show (revision3.com/trs to watch) they just talked about this trailer and they brought up a good point. If something the scale of 9/11 happened today, this is exactly what we would see. A bunch of really shocking amature footage put up on the internet almost instantly and this movie is trying to play off of that shock factor.

Also, that birthday party shot with the alien in Signs was brilliant and one of the only good things about that movie.
  • YureiYurei Posts: 14
    Posted By: terrajiAlso, that birthday party shot with the alien in Signs was brilliant and one of the only good things about that movie.

That was the only time ive ever literally jumped while watching a movie.
  • beporterbeporter Posts: 123
  • SGSG Posts: 76
    Having forgotten what this thread was about, my first thoughts were of the new Indiana Jones or Batman.

If Cloverfield ends up on my school's movie channel or on HBO while I'm home, I'll probably watch.