Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Canadian Dollar

terrajiterraji Posts: 69
edited September 2007 in General
HA!

I seem to recall feeling the butt end of many jokes for the Canadian monopoly money on the old CSR.

http://slashdot.org/articles/07/09/20/1550240.shtml

In your face!

Comments

• Eh. The iPhone is good and all, but it is still a 1.0 product. It will be here sooner or later once the the fine folks at Rogers get their heads out of their butts. I am not losing any sleep in the meantime.
  • beporterbeporter Posts: 123
    edited September 2007
    Posting from my new iPhone, ironically enough. I'm actually far more more impressed than I expected to be. I was originally going to wait for 2.0 too, but I'm glad I didn't.
    Post edited by beporter on
  • I could import one and unlock it. Unfortunately, Rogers is the only GSM carrier here and their data plan looks like this:

Monthly Fee - $5.00
    Data Included - 2MB
    Additional Data Usage / KB - 3¢

TWO WHOLE MEGABYTES!@!!!!!!! Thanks Rogers!
  • SGSG Posts: 76
    Well apparently the latest update bricks the hell out of unlocked iphones. Would seem silly to spend all that money to import one only to have an update turn it useless. One of my roommates has one and I'm not impressed. The interface and the screen are pretty cool, but unless the thing is on a WIFI network it's useless as a web browser and it lacks the storage to be a real ipod replacement. I fail to see the hype.

As to the original point of the thread: I'm glad to see Canadian money has finally caught up. Don't you guys still pay an extra $10 or so for video games though?
  • terrajiterraji Posts: 69
    Yeah, we still get gouged. It will take a while to catch up if the parity stays.

Halo 3 at the Canadian Bestbuy site is $69.99 and stock base Macbooks are $1249 at the Canadian Apple store.

Unless the US economy starts crashing even faster, I can't see the Canadian dollar staying above. Canada is an export-based economy which benefits from a lower dollar.
    I like how nearly every thread on this website invariably ends up as a discussion of mac products.

You should use your new found canadian wealth to purchase metroid prime 3 because the game is fantastic so far.
  • YureiYurei Posts: 14
    edited October 2007
    Post edited by Yurei on
    I still need to finish zelda. I have been neglecting that like nobody's business. Mass effect drops soon and I need to find myself an Xbox.

$1 CAD = $1.02 US now.
  • SkipSkip Posts: 9
    Man I remember back in the day you could get a $1.50 + Canadian for every U.S. dollar.
    Now it's even? That's almost scarier than Global Warming.
  • SG, you have Metriod Prime 3?! So do I! That means we could actually exchange our "Friend Vouchers" for "Friend Credits"! (By the way, I think that's the most useless feature in the world...) Anyways, you have my friend code, I'll try to see everything I've got your way (since I don't have anyone else to use them).

P.S. - Pizza rolls would be AWESOME right now.

P.P.S. - I definitely need my own copy of X-Com: UFO Defense.

P.P.S. - I have strong opinions about MACro economics that involve the use of the PotoMAC river but will invariably wind up getting me sMACked if I begin to delve into it... 0=)
    Oh man, sorry I'm slow. I didn't even know that Prime had any sort of online component. I'm pretty far into the game. I don't have the patience to go back tracking for energy cells though so progress has pretty much come to a halt. Instead my roommates and me are playing GT4 (and the gt5 prologue) in hopes of 100% completion (we're at 51).

Any why isn't there a leopard thread yet? I don't have it yet, but if Porter doesn't have a copy then I'd better pull out the thermal gear because hell just froze over..
    Both my roommates have Leopard and everything looks like iTunes. Personally, I'm not biting until they get get 802.1X fixed.