Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

ReconGamer Information Thread

beporterbeporter Posts: 123
edited February 2007 in General

Comments

• beporterbeporter Posts: 123
  • SGSG Posts: 76
    I don't really have time to hunt down RG (though I suppose you really don't either), but if you need me to hang onto a DVD or keep out the riff-raff that stumble in, I suppose I could lend my services.
    edited February 2007
    Post edited by beporter on
  • terrajiterraji Posts: 69
    edited February 2007
    I assume what you want to do is 1. run the tracker from icabbit 2. seed the file from icabbit

must it be command line? Azureus would probably be your best all-in-one choice since it has a built in tracker.

the official bittorrent client brings up a gui on my gentoo install. It has a menu option for creating a torrent. the bittorrent-curses looks pretty weak, the help for it does not seem to list any similar options. The ebuild put init scripts and a conf file for the tracker service in /etc. You probably have the equivalent on BSD. (though it looks like the BSD port isn't officialy supported)

If you can get the tracker service running on icabbit, you could create the torrent on another machine and seed from there. All my experiences with command line clients has always been ick.

I think there are also 3rd party trackers that you can register for and set up for you own stuff, but it may not be worth the effort.
    Post edited by terraji on
  • walkerwalker Posts: 1
    Really didn't know what this forum was about, but happened upon some thread about recongamer. From time to time I search the web to see if there is any news about them, that lead me here. I paid a a years rent in advance, after 8 months my server stopped working. They owe me about 4 months worth of rent.
  • terrajiterraji Posts: 69